This is the most basic of the two ball basketball dribbling drills, but it is still a great dribbling drill to use. The goal of the basketball drill is to develop both hands at the same time. It is going to work on ball control and hand strength at the same time. There are a lot of younger players that can only dribble with their dominant hand. By making them dribble both basketballs, you force them to work on their weak hand.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- High Low Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and hand strength.
- Keep back straight (not arched or bent over at the waist), keep your head up, keep basketballs between knees and feet, and keep butt low.
- Practice scanning the floor and being alert while dribbling the basketballs.
- Get out of your comfort zone and push yourself to go as hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Get down in an athletic stance with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Dribble both basketballs simultaneously as fast and as hard as you can at about waist height.
- Go for 30-60 seconds and then stop.