Many basketball players struggle with feeding the post, and the reason is that they are not used to doing it, and also, most likely, no one has ever taught them the right way to do it. Once they have learned the correct way to feed the post and have practiced it a few times, it becomes much more natural.
When you post feed, you need to make sure that you throw the ball in from a good angle. This is usually below the free-throw line extended. Along with a good angle, you need to make sure that you use pass fakes to get the defender’s hands out of the passing lane. This basketball passing drill video will teach you how to feed the post using pass fakes and the correct passing fundamentals.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Pressure Partner Passing Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and a partner or a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wrap Around Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
- Two Basketballs Partner Passing Drill
- Wrap Around Pass Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Learn how to post feed and handle the pressure.
- Mix in all kinds of passes.
- Really visualize the defender and getting the ball around them.
- Practice stepping with both feet and work on being comfortable pivoting around a defender.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand facing a partner or a wall about 10-12 feet away.
- You want to mix in all of the different types of passes in this drill; wraparound pass, bounce pass, chest pass, overhead pass, etc.
- The goal of this basketball drill is to imagine there is a defender in front of you pressuring you, and you need to give a couple of fake passes before you deliver a pass right on target.
- Use your pivot foot and step around the imaginary defender as you deliver the pass each time.
- Practice passing with right and left hand.
- Alternate legs that you step forward with.