This is a great basketball dribbling drill because it incorporates multiple things all in the same drill. While doing the quick feet in & out basketball drill, you are working on; ball handling, footwork, quickness, and shooting/finishing at the basket. Basketball drills like this will maximize your gym time and help the player be more well rounded on the offensive end of the floor.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Quick Feet In and Out Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball, 5 chairs, and 1 cone.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your ball handling as well as your change direction quickness.
- Stay low while you are dribbling the basketball and move as quickly as you can through the chairs.
- Keep your eyes up while you are dribbling and sell your move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up 5 chairs in a row along the right sideline, starting in the corner.
- Place a cone on the same wing as the chairs are at.
- Start with your right side facing the chairs.
- Dribble forward with your right hand and then back peddle and dribble backward with your left hand.
- You are going to weave laterally back and forth through all the chairs.
- Once you get through all the chairs, you will attack the cone on the wing, make a move at the cone, and then either pull up or finish at the basket.
- Vary your moves at the cone and your finishes at the basket; Euro step, pro hop, floater, runner, etc.
*You can set the chairs up on either sideline as well.