Being able to change direction and move laterally is really important in the game of basketball. This basketball dribbling drill will help you develop your quickness and footwork and improve your ball handling.
With this basketball drill, you will also work on different basketball finishes or pull up jump shots in a transition like situation. It is not enough to just dribble the basketball; you need to be able to do it on the move while also being able to change directions quickly.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Quick Feet In and Out Crossovers Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball, 5 chairs, and 1 cone.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your ball handling as well as your change direction quickness.
- Stay low while you are dribbling and move as quickly as you can through the chairs.
- Keep your eyes up while you are dribbling and sell your move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 5 chairs in a row starting in the right-hand baseline corner.
- Leave enough space between the chairs for a player to dribble the ball through.
- Also, you are going to place a cone on the wing at the 3 point line.
- Start with your right side facing the chairs.
- Dribble forward with your right hand and then backward with your left hand and weave through all the chairs.
- As you pass over each chair and the ball switches hands, you will do a crossover move, really sell your move.
- Once you get through all the chairs, you will attack the cone on the wing and then make a move at the cone.
- You can do any move you want at the cone into any finish you would like.
- Be creative in your finishes, and don’t do the same finish every time.
*You can set the chairs up on either sideline as well.