To be a good ball-handler in basketball, you need to be able to put the ball on a string and survey the floor without having to constantly think about what dribbling move you are going to make or if the defender is going to steal the ball.
This combination basketball shooting drill is great because it over-emphasizes dribbling the ball without looking down, and it uses two basketballs so that you can work on both hands at the same time. It is also great because it is going to allow players to work on shooting off the dribble. When it comes to shooting off the dribble, the player must have a good handle. If they are comfortable handling the basketball, they will be able to pull up and shoot whenever they want. If not, they will be worried about losing the basketball, not being able to gather it smoothly, etc., and this will lead to a low percentage shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Quick Feet Two Ball Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 Basketballs, 5 chairs, 1 cone, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Quick Feet In and Out Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- Quick Feet In and Out Crossover Basketball Drill
- Quick Feet In and Out Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your ball handling as well your change of direction quickness.
- Be able to dribble both basketballs at the same time fluently.
- Stay low while you are dribbling and move as quickly as you can through the chairs.
- Keep your eyes up while you are dribbling and sell your move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up 5 chairs in a row along the right sideline, starting in the corner.
- Place a cone on the same wing as the chairs are at.
- Start with your right side facing the chairs.
- Begin dribbling both basketballs at the same time forward and then backward.
- Weave your way through all of the chairs forward and backward.
- As you pass over each chair, you will dribble one ball between your legs and cross over the other one.
- Alternate which hand dribbles the ball between the legs each time.
- Once you get through all the chairs, pass one of the basketball to the coach standing at the top of the key.
- Now drive at the cone, make a move, and pull up for a shot or finish at the basket.
- Vary your moves at the cone and also your finishes.
- Once you shoot the ball or score it at the basket, you will come off of the cone for a curl cut or a straight cut and get a pass from the coach that you passed the ball to.
*You can line the chairs up on either sideline, and you can also change up the second shot off of the cone (flare, pro-cut, etc.)