A good ball handler can survey the floor and not worry about what dribbling move he is going to do or if they are going to turn the ball over. This combination basketball shooting drill is great for working on improving your ball handling, foot speed, and coming into your shot off the dribble.
The goal of the basketball drill is to really help the player master the in and out reverse between the legs move while being able to dribble through traffic. It will also allow the player to get some quality shots off of the dribble.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Quick Feet Two Ball In and Out Reverse Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 Basketballs, 5 chairs, 1 cone, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Quick Feet Two Ball In and Out Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Quick Feet Two Ball In and Out Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- Quick Feet Two Ball In and Out Reverse Between the Legs.
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your ball handling as well your change of direction quickness.
- Be able to dribble both basketballs at the same time fluently.
- Practice shooting off the dribble.
- Stay light on your feet and push yourself to go as fast as you can.
- Pound the ball as hard as you can when you dribble and sell your move at each chair.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up 5 chairs in a row along the right sideline, starting in the corner.
- Place a cone on the same wing as the chairs are at.
- Start with your right side facing the chairs.
- Dribble both basketballs at the same time and begin weaving through the chairs laterally.
- As you pass over in front or behind each chair, you will dribble one basketball reverse between your legs, and the other one you are going to crossover in front of your body.
- Do both at the same time and alternate which hand does what each time.
- At the end of the line of chairs, you will push-pass one of the balls to the coach at the top of the key and then attack the cone with the other one.
- You decide what move you do at the cone and then whether you are going to pull-up or finish at the basket, mix up your finishes and moves.
- Now come back off the cone for a curl cut, straight cut, fade cut, or pro-cut shot.
*You can line the chairs up on either sideline.