The read and react 2 ball basketball drill is excellent because it allows you to maximize your time and work on multiple things in the same basketball drill. You can work on your ball handling, reaction quickness, first step quickness, and finishing at the basket or shooting. All of these skills are important to work on for basketball players. Make sure that when you do the drill, you keep your eyes up, stay low to the ground, and be explosive when you attack the basket.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Read and React Pound Two Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling, quickness, and finishing.
- Push yourself to be quicker each time and react faster to the coach.
- Cover ground on your dribble and really push the basketball out there.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start with two basketballs just above the top of the key, and the coach is going to stand facing them.
- He/she is going to dribble both basketballs at the same time.
- At any time, the coach can shoot in and take either basketball.
- The player then must explode forward with the other basketball and either shoot a pull up or finish at the basket (the coach can decide on what type of finish).
- The drill can go for a certain number of reps, makes, or time.