Dribbling a basketball quickly from hand to hand allows you to put pressure on the defense. It keeps them from being able to shade you to one side and allows you to quickly make them pay if they choose to gamble for the basketball. The goal is to get so comfortable dribbling the basketball that it becomes an extension of your body. This will allow you to focus on reading the defense and running offense.
This one ball basketball dribbling drill will work on the reverse between the legs crossover combo move. It will allow the player to get a lot of repetitions at the move in a short period of time, which will help them to better master the move. This is a great basketball drill because it can be done pretty much anywhere that there is a flat surface. This means that if you don’t have access to a court or hoop, you still have the ability to work on your game.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Reverse Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Behind The Back Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Double Crossover Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop ball handling, and work on dribbling the basketball back and forth with both hands.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time, and don’t raise up out of your athletic dribbling stance.
- A great way to challenge yourself to go faster is to count your repetitions.
- This will allow you to compare how many repetitions you got the last time you did the drill and give you a goal to beat.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with the basketball in their right hand.
- They will also begin in an athletic stance.
- As soon as the drill starts, they will dribble the basketball reverse between their legs to their opposite hand.
- As soon as the left-hand touches the basketball, it will cross it back over to the right hand.
- Continue this pattern as quickly as you can for 20-30 seconds, and then switch hands and start again.