This two ball basketball dribbling drill is one of the more advanced basketball dribbling drills out there, but it is really good for developing both hands simultaneously. The goal is to be able to do any dribbling move with either hand just as well. This will keep the defender from being able to make you drive or dribble to a weak hand.
This two ball dribbling drill is going to work on the reverse between the legs dribble move specifically. It will repeat the same move over and over, which will help to quickly teach the move and help the player develop muscle memory. When you do basketball drills like this one, you must not be afraid to mess up. You don’t want to mess up purposely, but you should be getting out of your comfort zone, and that means losing the ball from time to time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Reverse Between the Legs Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- All Between the Legs Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Move – Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Between the Legs – Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling.
- Keep your eyes up.
- Go as fast as you can, and push yourself.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with two basketballs on the end line, step forward with your right foot, and dribble the ball in your right-hand reverse through your legs.
- At the same time, crossover-dribble the ball in your left hand in front of you.
- Now step forward with your left foot and dribble the ball reverse through your legs with your left and cross the ball over in front of you with your right hand.
- Continue this all the way to the other end line and then do the same thing back but this time walk backward while doing it.