Being great at rebounding the basketball requires you to have good reaction time. When you see the shot go up, you need to be able to quickly find your man and box him out. Once the basketball hits the rim, you need to react to which way it goes as quickly as you can and then track it down. Be able to quickly judge where the ball is going and then go get it.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Reverse Reaction Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Tip Dunk Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Reaction Basketball Rebounding Drill
- 5 Spot Offensive Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your reaction speed to a rebound and work on finishing at the basket on an offensive rebound.
- Get up as high off the ground as you can, also jump as quick as you can.
- Take a good angle to the ball and react as quickly as you can.
- Finish the ball quickly after you board it, don’t bring the ball down because this will allow guards to strip it in a game.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the right lane line about halfway up and facing away from the basket.
- The coach is going to stand at the free-throw line with the ball.
- To start this basketball drill, the player will begin to defensive slide back and forth across the lane.
- Whenever the coach feels like it, they will throw the ball up off the backboard/rim, and the player must turn, locate the ball, and then release to go get the ball.
- As soon as the player catches the ball, he needs to chin it and then score it.
- After the player scores the basketball, they will pass the ball back out to the coach and then reset for the next repetition.