This basketball drill will work on a combo dribbling move that will help improve your hand quickness and your overall ball-handling basketball skills. Practicing combo moves allows you to make multiple moves quickly without having to think about what move you should do. It also helps to keep the defender off balance and not able to overpressure the ball.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Rhythm Dribble Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 1 Dribble – Behind the Back Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling and hand speed.
- Push yourself to go as fast as you can.
- It is okay to mess up; just keep pushing it.
- Keep your head up and stay balanced.
- It is better to lose the basketball than to constantly be looking down during this basketball dribbling drill.
- You need to train yourself to be able to handle the basketball with your eyes up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with your legs spread shoulder-width apart.
- Start with the ball in your right hand, take one rhythm dribble, and then cross the ball behind your back to your left hand.
- Take another rhythm dribble, and then go back behind your back to the original hand.
- Repeat this motion back and forth for 30 seconds and then stop.