For this basketball dribbling drill, you are trying to simulate going from a stationary dribble to breaking down your defender and going by him/her. The stationary dribble between each move should be slower, and then the move as fast as you can.
Basketball is all about quickness and change of speed, and this is a great stationary basketball dribbling drill to work on that skill. This is also a great basketball drill for working on quick hands and overall ball handling. It is great to do on your own, with a team, or in a camp setting because it doesn’t require very much room to do.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Rhythm Dribble Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Between the Legs Continuous Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Alternating Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your ball handling, changing up speeds, and making a between the legs dribble move.
- Mix up your speeds during the move.
- Visualize yourself making the move against a defender.
- Rock your body back and forth as you make the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with your legs spread and your chest up, not bent over.
- Pound dribble the ball once and then put it between your legs to your other hand.
- Do the same thing with your other hand, but this time coming from the outside of your legs.
- Continue this back and forth pattern for 30 seconds, switch legs, and repeat for another 30 seconds.