This basketball move is an advanced version of the Rondo fake move. You will use this move when you get a defender on your hip, and the player doesn’t completely go for the first fake. The defender now thinks that they read the move correctly and will block your shot after you pivot around, but instead, you use another shot fake and step across. This is a more advanced move, but when it comes to finishing around the basket off of a pivot, it a basketball fundamental.
To do this move correctly, it takes excellent footwork and learning how to sell the move. This basketball training video will teach you exactly how to do a Rondo fake shot fake step across move, and then a player will demonstrate it. Once you have learned the correct way to do the move, it will be up to you to practice it and master it.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: How to Do a Rondo Fake Shot Fake Step Across Move in Basketball
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a basket.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Build on the Rondo fake and learn how to sell the shot fake and step across move.
- Sell the first fake, and make sure that you pivot all the way around before the second shot fake.
- Protect the ball when you step across because the defender may try to strip it.
- Extend your arm all the way on the Rondo fake and make sure that it is going towards the basket, not out to the side.
- Don’t drag your pivot foot and jump off both feet when you step across for the finish; otherwise, it will be a travel.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Drive to the right towards the basket and dribble with your right hand as you do.
- As you get to the basket, you will plant with both feet and make your right foot your pivot foot.
- While you are planting, you are going to fake a reverse layup with your left hand.
- The imaginary defender doesn’t completely go for the Rondo fake, so you will pivot on your right foot all the way around and shot fake.
- As the imaginary defender leaves his feet to block the shot, you will step across to your left side, jump off both feet simultaneously, and lay the basketball up.
*** If you drive left, you will pivot on your left foot and Rondo fake with your right hand.