The short corner to elbow basketball shooting drill is a great basketball shooting drill for warming up and for developing correct footwork and proper basketball shooting mechanics. The player will be able to get a lot of quality shooting repetitions in a short period of time.
During this basketball drill, you want to make sure that you are focusing on shooting every shot the right way. This will help you in developing the muscle memory that will make you a great basketball shooter. The perfect time to do this drill is before practice, a game, or basketball training to get warmed up.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Short Corner to Elbow Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Tim Duncan Short Corner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Bob Knight Mid Range Basketball Shooting Drill
- Block to Block Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop the right footwork and basketball shooting form.
- Step into your shot the right way every time.
- Hold your follow-through, and don’t drift on your shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start in the short corner without the basketball.
- Step into your shot as your partner passes you the ball.
- Shoot the basketball and do your best to land in the same spot.
- If the ball goes in, turn and jog up to the elbow for your next shot; if you miss, stay in the same spot.
- Continue back and forth from short corner to elbow until you make the desired amount of shots, usually 8-12 makes.
- The partner will be working on their rebounding during this drill by keeping their hands up to rebound and trying not to let the ball touch the ground on any misses.