The shot fake one dribble pull shot is a really good move for shooters because once they have already hit a couple of shots, they can get their defender to bite on the shot fake. This basketball drill allows you to get a lot of reps at this particular move in a short period of time.
It will also allow you to practice the techniques of the move and really work on selling your shot fake and getting right into your pull up. So as you go through this shot fake basketball shooting drill, make sure that you really sell your shot fake and visualize the defender in front of you. Be efficient with your movements.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Shot Fake 1 Dribble Pull Up Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 Basketballs and 1-3 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the shot fake one dribble pull up move.
- Visualize the defender in front of you and practice selling your shot fake the right way.
- After the shot fake, make sure you keep your eyes up and cover ground on the dribble.
- You can also make this basketball shooting drill into a competition between the groups to see who can make a set number of shots the quickest.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill can be done with 2-4 players, and you are always going to have one less ball than the number of people.
- For this description, we are just going to use a 2 player group.
- Both players will be outside the 3 point line, and one will have the basketball.
- The player with the basketball will make a weak hand pass to the other player, who will be down ready to shoot.
- When the player catches the basketball, they will do a shot fake one dribble move to their right or left for a pull-up jump shot.
- After shooting the basketball, they will chase down the ball and pass to the other open player with the weak hand (for them to do the move) and then relocate to another spot and get ready for their next shot.
- The drill can go for a certain time limit, a number of shots, or a number of makes per group or individual.