The shot fake counter crossover basketball drill is a game situation move and can be very effective if done correctly. A big key to making the move work is selling the shot fake and then being under control as you attack off the dribble.
This finishing basketball drill simulates you getting past your defender on the shot fake, but then another help defender steps up. When the second defender steps up, you need to make a quick counter move to get past them. For this basketball drill, you will use the crossover dribble move to get past the help defender.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Shot Fake Counter Crossover Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 3 chairs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Shot Fake Counter Double Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- Shot Fake Counter Double Crossover Basketball Drill
- Shot Fake Counter In and Out Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on using the shot fake and counter crossover move.
- Work on finishing around the basket.
- Stay low to the ground and sell your move on the crossover dribble.
- Go slow to fast on the shot fake because you need to give the defender time to react to the shot fake.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place a chair at the top of the key and two at the free-throw line in a triangle shape.
- The players are going to start with a basketball at the top of the key.
- They will spin the basketball to themselves, shot fake, dribble to the right, make a crossover move at the second chair, and then finish at the basket with a runner.
- The players will alternate which way they go after the shot fake each time.
**You can change up the finishing move if desired.