The basketball finishing drill will simulate a game situation move against a good defensive team. It simulates making a good shot fake move to get past your defender and then having to deal with the help defender that steps up.
This basketball drill will teach you how to sell your shot fake, make a double crossover move against the help defender, and then finish at the basket. A big key to this move is being under control as you make your moves. Control your burst of speed and make sure that you sell your moves.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Shot Fake Counter Double Crossover Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 3 chairs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Shot Fake Counter Double Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- Shot Fake Counter Behind the Back Basketball Drill
- Shot Fake Counter In and Out Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your shot fake, double-cross move, and finishing at the basket.
- Keep your eyes up on the move and sell the move with your entire body.
- Cover ground and be efficient with your dribbles.
- Try to finish as high up on the backboard as you can.
- You can use other types of finishes if you want.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place one chair at the top of the key and the other two at the free-throw line, so it resembles a triangle.
- The player is going to start at the top of the key with a basketball.
- Spin the ball to yourself, shot fake the basketball, take one dribble to the right, make a double crossover move, take one more dribble, and then finish high off the backboard with a runner.
- Get your rebound and repeat the same move but to the left this time.
**You can change up the finishing move.