The side windshield wipers basketball dribbling drill is another version of the windshield wiper drill, and the goal of this basketball drill is to develop good ball control. As a ball-handler, you want to be able to move the ball back and forth between your hands or use whatever move you need to get past your defender.
All this goes into having good ball control. This is a great basketball dribbling drill for beginners, but it can also help experienced players warm up and get their hands active.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Side Windshield Wipers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windshield Wipers Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Broken Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball control.
- Don’t look down while you are dribbling the basketball.
- Push yourself to go as hard as you can.
- Stay low in an athletic stance.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start in an athletic position and begin dribbling the ball in a sweeping motion on the side of your body, keeping your hand on the side of the ball.
- You want to sweep the ball as wide as you can and as fast as you can.
- Switch arms and repeat the same motion.