Being able to jump quickly and repeatedly takes training, and this basketball workout is great for working on this. It is also a plyometric exercise because you are using the force of coming down from the last jump against you when you go to jump again. This vertical jump basketball drill will help you really develop your vertical, explosiveness, and ability to jump quickly multiple times in a row.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Single-Leg Hops Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: None.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Single-Leg Squat Jumps Basketball Drill
- Bunny Hops Basketball Drill
- Standing Triple Jump Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your explosiveness off of one leg and jumping ability.
- Land under control.
- Jump a shorter distance if you are having trouble jumping quickly.
- Use your arms to propel you.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand on one leg, jump forward, land on the same leg, and immediately jump again when you land.
- For beginners, if you want, you can jump off two feet and then land on one to get used to the motion.
- Jump in a straight line forward for as many repetitions as you decide.