This resistance basketball drill will help you be able to sprint faster while dribbling the basketball. Being able to run full speed while dribbling the basketball is especially important for point guards on the break but is useful to all players. This basketball drill trains your body to run faster by tricking your muscles into working harder when the harness is on.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Speed Dribble With Harness Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: Harness, Rope, and partner
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Band Resisted 4 Way Training Basketball Drill
- Band Resisted Layups Basketball Drill
- Resistance Sprint Without Harness Speed Training Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Sprint faster while dribbling the basketball.
- Keep pounding your legs.
- Dribble the ball hard
- Lean forward as you run.
- Keep your feet moving when the rope is let go.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The harness is hooked to the player, and the partner or coach stands behind the player with the rope in hand facing towards one of the baskets.
- The player begins to sprint forward, dribbling the basketball moving as fast as possible while the partner gives resistance to the player.
- This drill can be complete in 2 different ways.
- One way is to hold on to the rope until the player crosses the intended finish line.
- The other is to let go of the rope at some point during the sprint and let the player finish with a layup or dunk at the basket.