The standing triple jump is one of the more difficult basketball jumping drills, but it works on both single leg jumping and two-leg jumping. This basketball workout also helps to work on your hip and leg stability. Being able to plant and jump is a big part of the game and this one of the best drills for working on that.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Standing Triple Jump Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: None.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve jumping, quickness, and footwork.
- Do not run through this drill.
- Each component must be performed as a jump.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin in an athletic position and perform a Standing Broad Jump landing on one foot.
- Immediately jump off that foot, performing a Single-Leg Broad Jump, and land on the opposite foot.
- Immediately jump off that foot, performing another Single-Leg Broad Jump, and land on both feet in an athletic position.
- Advance this drill by performing several triple jumps in a row continuously.
- Further, advance this drill by adding a sprint at the end of the drill.