This basketball training video will break down a move that Stephen Curry and other high-level shooters use to help create space with the dribble to get their shot off. The move is going to work on selling the crossover right into a one-two step 3 point shot. The big key of the move is selling the crossover and creating space with the two steps after.
This move will be used in a late clock situation where you need to get a shot off, or if you have a mismatch with a post player and you can create some space with the dribble.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: How to Do the Stephen Curry Crossover Move
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on selling the crossover to create space to get your shot off.
- Stay low and athletic and really sell the crossover move.
- Lead yourself into your shot with the crossover, and do your best to create space with your two steps.
- Stay balanced on your shot and jump straight up and down without falling backward.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to be outside the 3 point line with the basketball.
- They will begin setting up the imaginary defender with several stationary dribbles and moves.
- The player will execute a violent crossover and then lead themselves sideways with the crossover dribble into their shot.
- The player’s footwork will be one-two into their shot with aggressive steps to get away from the defender.