This is a great ball handling and passing basketball drill for players to work on being able to pass off of the dribble with either hand. The drill is going to teach the player how to throw a sharp and accurate push pass of the dribble. This is especially important for players that handle the basketball a lot, because they may need to make a quick pass off of the dribble without having the time to pick the ball up with both hands.
Along with having to make a good pass off of the dribble, this basketball drill will make the player have to think while they are doing the drill. This will hopefully translate over to the court and allow the player to be able to handle the ball, while also being able to read the defense and run the offense. If the player is only focused on dribbling the basketball, the offense will not be able to run very smoothly.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Steve Nash Advanced 2 Ball Push Pass Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, a wall, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Steve Nash Wrap Around Partner Basketball Passing Drill
- Wrap Around Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
- Wrap Around Pass Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and being able to make a push pass off of the dribble with either hand.
- Dribble the basketballs as hard as you can and stay low in a dribble stance the whole time.
- Try to snap your passes as best as you can, and be accurate as well.
- React as quickly as you can when the partner calls out which hand to pass with.
- The drill can be done with an alternating dribble or simultaneous dribble.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Pick a spot on the wall at about chest level and place a box on the wall.
- The player is going to start with a basketball in each hand and face the wall about 8 feet back.
- They will start dribbling both basketballs at the same time.
- When the coach calls out right or left, the player will make a pass to the box with the hand that the coach called out.
- The player must keep their dribble alive the whole time and gather the basketball back with the same hand that they passed with.
- Once they do the coach will call out the next passing hand.
- The drill can go for a set amount of time or repetitions.