Being great at rebounding the basketball takes good instincts and technique, but it also requires heart. It is not just enough to get the boards that come directly to you. Be able to box your man out and then go get an out of area rebound. Jump as high as you can every time and think in your head that every rebound is mine.
This basketball drill works on being able to rebound out of area but also on finishing quickly with a pivot finish. You would use the pivot finish when the defender is on the high side of you and pressing up into you. Step by him with the pivot and finish off the backboard.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Superman Pivot Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Superman Reverse Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Shot Fake Crab Dribble Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your rebounding as well as your finishing around the basket.
- Cover as much ground as you can each time.
- Jump as high as you can.
- Try not to bring the ball down to your waist when you land; keep it under your chin.
- When you land, pivot as quickly as you can and finish, visualize the defender.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with the ball just outside the left side of the paint.
- Throw the basketball up off the backboard to the other side.
- While the ball is up in the air, rotate over to the right side, jump as high as you can in the air, reach up, grab the ball, and then land outside the paint.
- As you are landing, chin the ball, pivot on your left foot, and then finish at the basket off the backboard.
- Grab the ball out of the net and repeat the same move but start from outside the paint on the right side.