Being a great basketball rebounder takes good instincts and technique, but it also requires heart. It is not just enough to get the boards that come directly to you. You must be able to box your man out and then go get an out of area rebound. This basketball rebounding drill works on being able to rebound out of area, but also on finishing around the basket after you get the rebound.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Superman Reverse Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Superman Pivot Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Shot Fake Crab Dribble Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your rebounding as well as your finishing around the basket.
- Cover as much ground as you can each time. Jump as high as you can.
- Try not to bring the ball down to your waist when you land; keep it under your chin.
- Cover ground and visualize the defender coming to block your shot and use the rim to protect you.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with the ball just outside the left side of the paint.
- Throw the basketball up off the backboard to the other side.
- While the ball is up in the air, rotate over to the right side, jump as high as you can in the air, reach up, grab the ball, and then land outside the paint.
- As soon as you land, take one dribble, keep your chest to the backboard, and finish on the other side of the rim.
- Repeat this back and forth for the desired amount of reps.
- Usually, for this basketball drill, you will do 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps.