Rebounding can really add value to your game as a basketball player. Some of the best rebounders in basketball have been somewhat undersized for their position but were still monsters on the glass. This means that anyone can be a great rebounder for their position; it just takes practice and the willingness to put out the effort.
The superman shot fake crab dribble basketball rebounding drill works on rebounding the basketball and learning how to finish around the basket. This basketball drill will teach the player to go get the offensive rebound and what to do with the basketball once they get the rebound.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Superman Shot Fake Crab Dribble Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a hoop.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Superman Reverse Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Pivot Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve out of area rebounding and finishing around the basket.
- Try to cover ground quickly and jump as high as you can off the ground.
- Rebound the ball at its highest point, don’t let it come down to you.
- Sell your shot fake and keep your shoulders squared to the basket when you finish.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin with the ball on either block with your feet just outside the paint.
- Toss the ball up on the backboard so that it bounces over the rim and outside the other side of the paint.
- Run slide over to the other side of the paint and jump up and grab the board.
- Come down with the ball, shot fake, take one crab dribble, and then make a layup.
- Get the ball out of the net and then repeat but from the opposite side.
- Alternate back and forth for 8-12 reps.