A great move to use when a defender over closes out on you is the sweep one-dribble pull-up shot. This move allows you to get past your defender and then shoot a shot before the next level of defenders steps up. With this basketball drill, you will be able to get a lot of game speed repetitions going both left and right on the sweep. All of the repetitions from this basketball shooting drill will allow you to start working on mastering this move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Sweep 1 Dribble Pull Up Partner Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 basketballs and 1-3 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Mid-Range Bad Pass Partner Shooting Drill
- Movement Sweep 1 Dribble Pull Up Shooting Drill
- Mid Range Jab Step Shot Partner Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Practice shooting a sweep one-dribble pull-up shot.
- Make sure that you do not travel on the sweep move and look to cover as much ground as you can with the one dribble.
- Jump straight up and down on the shot and try to pull up as sharply as you can.
- You can hop into the shot or step 1-2 into the shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill can be done with 2-4 player groups.
- Have one less ball than players in each group then players.
- Player 1 is going to start with the basketball anywhere on the 3 point line.
- They will sweep the ball to the right or left and shoot a one-dribble pull-up shot.
- After shooting the basketball, they will get their own rebound and then pass the ball to player 2 with their weak hand.
- Player 2 will do the move while player 1 resets somewhere else on the floor and gets ready for their next shot.
- The drill can go for a certain time or number of makes per group/individual.