The teammate 3 in a row basketball shooting drill is great because it allows you to get up a lot of shots in a short period of time while also making the basketball drill competitive for the shooters. Each group has to make 3 shots in a row, so it puts pressure and each player to make shots to keep the streak alive. In a game, there is an added pressure to make shots that you don’t normally have in a workout. This basketball shooting drill is a great way to try and simulate some of that pressure.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Teammate 3 in a Row Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 10 Spot Boston Celtics Basketball Shooting Drill
- 3 Tier Basketball Shooting Drill
- 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve shooting the basketball under pressure.
- Make good shooting passes, hold follow-through, and run after the rebound.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This drill can be done with one group or two.
- Each group will start in opposite corners.
- One of the players from each group will start under the basket with the ball and pass out to their partners for a shot.
- After each player shoots the ball, they will chase down their shot and pass it out to their partner for the next shot.
- For a group to move to the next spot, they need to make 3 consecutive shots.
- This drill can be done with 3, 5, or 7 spots going around the 3 point arc.
- The first team to make 3 in a row from all the spots wins.