This ball handling basketball drill will work on developing both hands at the same time and working on handling the basketball on the move. When a player is dribbling a basketball in transition, they may not be able to slow down before they make their move past the defender. It will usually just be a quick reaction to the defender and a quick dribble move to get past them. If you are a primary ball-handler, this is a great basketball dribbling drill to do.
Also, by doing the basketball drill with two basketballs instead of just one, you add another level of difficulty to the move. The player must be able to handle a basketball equally well with either hand. This will help to make the player more complete and maximize time in the gym.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two Ball Attack Reverse Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: Two basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Behind the Back Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Between the Legs Walking Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Crossovers Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling while moving forward, and also on the reverse between the legs dribble move.
- Stay low and keep your dribbles tight to your body; you always want to protect the basketballs.
- After you make the reverse between the legs, move really push the basketball out past the imaginary defender.
- Don’t be afraid to lose the ball or mess up; just make sure you are pushing yourself and getting out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player needs a basketball in each hand, and then they will start on the baseline.
- When the drill starts, they will start moving forward and dribbling both basketballs at the same time.
- At the free-throw line, half-court, and the opposite free-throw line, they will make a reverse between the legs move (alternate which hand does the move each time) and then push the basketballs out in front of them.
- Touch the opposite baseline and then come back doing the same thing.