This two ball basketball dribbling drill is really advanced and will allow you to improve your handles and your hand quickness. This basketball drill is designed to make you make the double behind the back move as quickly as you can and train your hands to be lightning fast.
When you make a counter dribble move in a game, you need to set your defender up with the first move, and then as soon as they slide to cut you off, change directions with a different move as quickly as you can. That is what this ball handling basketball drill will work on.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two Ball Bounce Double Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Two-Ball Bounce Drill Double Between the Legs
- Crossovers Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Two-Ball Bounce Drill Between the Legs/Behind the Back
Goals of the Drill
- Become a better ball handler and work on the double behind the back dribble move.
- Do your best to keep your eyes up and stay low on the dribble.
- Make the double behind the back move as quickly as possible and try to get the other basketball before it bounces again.
- Don’t dribble the other basketball too high; make it challenging.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin on the baseline with a basketball in each hand.
- Dribble both basketballs at the same time and begin to walk forward.
- Let the ball in your left-hand bounce-free, and while you do, make a double behind the back dribble move with the other basketball.
- Place your left hand back on the basketball before it hits the ground and dribble it again.
- The next time let the basketball in your right-hand bounce-free and do the move with your left hand.
- Walk all the way down the floor doing the move, and then when you get to the end line, come back but this time, do the drill moving backward.