This is one of the more advanced two ball basketball dribbling drills – the reason why is because it combines four different moves all into one drill. To do the rhythm basketball dribbling drill, you have to be able to do the moves and be able to think and know what move is coming up next.
It is important that as a ball-handler, you cannot only dribble the ball in a game but also read the defense and think the game while you do. If you cannot do this, you will always be a step behind what is going on during a game. This is also one of the better basketball drills to use to work on developing hand quickness.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two Ball Bounce Rhythm Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Rhythm Move Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Crossovers Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Reverse Between the Legs Walking Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your handles and thinking while you are doing the drill.
- Make the move as quickly as you can, and don’t bounce the other basketball too high because this makes the drill a lot easier.
- Stay low the whole time and try not to raise up out of your ball handling stance.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- There will be four different moves that you are going to do in this basketball dribbling drill, and in this order; double crossover, figure 8 between the legs, double behind the back, and figure 8 reverse between the legs.
- You are going to do each move twice in a row (one with each hand).
- Start with two basketballs on the baseline and begin to dribble both basketballs simultaneously and walk forward.
- Bounce the basketball in your left hand a little higher and let it bounce up past your hand.
- While it is in the air, you are going to do the first move.
- Place your left hand back on the basketball before it touches the ground, and then continue walking forward as you move on through the moves in the specific order.
- Once you get to the end line, you will do the same drill back, but this time you are going to do it while walking backward.