This combination basketball shooting drill will work on ball handling, passing off the dribble, and shooting, all in the same drill. It is a great basketball drill to help guards work on getting into the paint and creating for others. Some basketball drills that you do are going to be game-specific, whereas some are designed to get the player out of their comfort zone; this drill will focus on the latter. By adding the second basketball, it really forces the player to challenge themselves. This is a great basketball shooting drill to do with two players or a large group.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two Ball Drive and Kick Basketball Shooting DrillEquipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 players.
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on driving to kick and then also relocating for a shot.
- Stay low when you dribble the basketballs and keep your eyes up.
- Don’t pick up the other basketball before you make your pass.
- Snap your pass to the shooter.
- The shooter needs to slide to create an angle for the pass.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- One player will be on the right-wing at half court with both basketballs, and the other player is going to be at the top of the key.
- When the drill starts, the player with both basketballs will dribble down to the 3 point area and then attack to the middle.
- As they are attacking to the middle, the other player is going to slide to the wing.
- The player with both basketballs will snap a pass to the player on the wing with their top hand and then 1-2 step into a shot at the free-throw line.
- The player receiving the pass will shoot a catch and shoot shot (typically a 3 pointer).
- Reset the drill, but this time the roles will be reversed, and the basketballs will start on the left side.
- If there are more than two players, have the next group go and then cycle back through the line.