The two ball Mikan basketball drill is great for practicing finishing around the basket and improving hand-eye coordination. Finishing around the basket is an important skill to have as a basketball player, especially for big men. This basketball drill develops good touch and soft hands around the basket.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two Ball Mikan Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- X Out Layup Basketball Drill
- Superman Pivot Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Layup-Shooting Chair Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve finishing around the basket with both hands
- Soft-touch, catch the ball at its highest point out of the basket and don’t bring it down, shoot the ball high on the backboard.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand under the basket with a ball in each hand.
- Lay the ball in your right hand up off the backboard while jumping off of one foot.
- As the ball is going through the net, pass the ball that was in your left hand to the right hand so that your left hand is free to grab the ball coming out of the net.
- With the ball that you have just caught out of the net with your left hand, lay up off the backboard on the left side while jumping off of one foot.
- Switch the ball that is in your right hand to your left and grab the ball out of the net with your right hand and repeat the action.
- Reverse Mikan Drill is the same thing, except you start with your back facing the backboard and do a reverse layup each time.