This is not a traditional ball handling basketball drill because it is a double dribble if you actually use it during a game. This drill aims to help improve the player’s hands and develop soft hands for catching and dribbling the basketball.
It is great for big men and guards because big men need to develop good hands for catching the ball and finishing around the basket. This basketball drill was made famous by “Pistol” Pete Maravich, one of the best pure scorers and ball handlers ever to play the game of basketball.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Two-Hand Bounce Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on developing soft hands, good touch on the basketball, and hand quickness.
- Try to make the ball bounce right between your legs, not in front.
- As you begin to get more advanced in the drill, start bouncing the basketball harder.
- This will challenge you to get your hands back behind you even quicker.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with your legs spread, throw the ball down with both hands between your legs, and then catch it behind your back.
- Bring the ball back around the front and then repeat.
- Alternate which hand brings the basketball back around to the front each time.