If you look at any of the great ball handlers in basketball, you will quickly realize that they are great at changing up their speeds and really selling their moves. Most of them are also very quick, but they are playing against other quick guards, so it is the way that they use their quickness that makes the difference.
This ball handling basketball drill will work on the between the legs crossover combo move, but it is going to, more importantly, work on setting up your defender with the pause, selling the move, and then making an explosive attack move. Regardless of the move you use, you should be working on these three areas when executing a combo move. So as you go through this one ball basketball dribbling drill, really lock in on these details and visualize a defender in front of you.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Walking Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on developing your ball handling, changing speeds, and selling the between the legs crossover move.
- Really work on changing your speeds and selling the move every time with your face, eyes, and body positioning.
- Stay in a low athletic stance as you go through the basketball drill, and don’t raise up when making the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start on the baseline with a basketball in your right hand.
- Moving slightly forward, you will take a dribble, pause, and then make an explosive between the legs crossover combo move, attacking forward on the move.
- Without taking another stationary dribble in between, you will pause to set up the move and then make the same explosive between the legs crossover combo move.
- Continue forward to half court and then switch to your left hand and repeat.
- You can also go to the free-throw line and then retreat dribble back to the baseline before switching hands and repeating.