A lot of the time, it really isn’t about how fast or quick of a player you are when trying to breakdown a defender off of the dribble. Yes, those things are important, but it is really about changing up speeds, selling your move, and then reading the defender.
This one ball basketball dribbling drill will work on a specific move, but it is really about learning to be able to change up your speeds and sell your moves. Add this drill to your training plan today, or check out our basketball player training groups for a detailed breakdown of this basketball drill and many more.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Walking Double Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on selling the between the legs behind the back move and really changing up speeds.
- As you do this basketball dribbling drill, stay low in a low athletic stance the whole time.
- Don’t be a robot with your movements; really look to pause, sell your move, and changeup speeds as you go through the drill.
- Keep your eyes up as you do the drill, and use your eyes to sell the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start on the baseline with a basketball.
- The player will take a stationary dribble (the only one during the drill), pause, and then make an explosive double crossover combo move while leading themselves forward with the move.
- Without taking any stationary dribbles in between, the player will pause again and then execute the same move.
- Continue this pattern all the way to the free-throw line and then retreat dribble back to the baseline.
- Repeat the same action, but this time starting with your other hand.