Wall ball sweeps are a great basketball dribbling drill for younger players because it is a fun drill, but it also helps improve the player’s ball handling. It is important to have a variety of good drills for your players because if you use the same drills consistently, they will master them and then grow tired of them. You need to have new basketball drills that will challenge your players and keep them excited about getting better every day.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Ball Sweeps Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall 2 Ball Sweeps Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall In and Out Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall High Low Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling as well as develop soft hands.
- Sweep the ball wide each time and really push yourself to go as fast and hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand facing a wall about a foot away and begin dribbling the ball against the wall with your right hand.
- Dribble the ball in a sweeping motion back and forth at eye level.
- Continue for the desired amount of time and then switch hands and do the same thing.