Wall basketball ball handling drills are great for improving your dribbling skills and are a new way to improve your game. Most coaches are not aware of this ball handling training, but it is a great way to improve your hand strength, quickness, and handles. It is also a great way to mix up your basketball drills and keep the players motivated and challenged as they train.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Pound Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Two Ball Pounds Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Two Ball In and Out Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Two Ball Sweeps Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve hand speed, strength, and handles.
- Spread your fingers, pound the ball as hard as you can, dribble above eye level.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand facing the wall with a basketball in your right hand and begin dribbling the ball against the wall about eye level, about 6 inches off the wall.
- Pound the basketball as hard as you can against the wall while keeping it under control.
- After about 30 seconds, switch hands.