This wall tennis ball toss basketball dribbling drill is a great way to work on your handles, as well as your hand-eye coordination. Having to toss and catch the tennis ball off the wall each time requires you to make your move with the basketball quicker and also do it while focusing on the tennis ball. If you can train yourself to dribble the basketball without thinking about it, you will really help yourself in a game. Basketball drills like this promote both ball-handling development and hand-eye coordination.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball, 1 tennis ball, and a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Tennis Ball Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Rhythm Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Strong Hand Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling, hand-eye coordination, and the crossover move.
- Stay low and keep your dribble tight.
- The harder you toss the tennis ball against the wall, the harder this basketball dribbling drill becomes.
- Push yourself to make the crossover move as quickly as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand facing a wall about 5 feet away with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Get down in an athletic stance and start dribbling the basketball.
- Toss the tennis ball underhand at the wall, and while it is in the air, cross the basketball over to your other hand.
- Now catch the tennis ball overhand with the hand that just had the basketball.
- Take a couple of dribbles in between, but continue this back and forth for the desired amount of time.