To become a good ball-handler, you need to control the basketball while you are dribbling. This wall tennis ball toss basketball dribbling drill is great for developing hand strength and ball control. The in and out move will help you develop the ball control that you need for a game.
Also, these types of basketball drills are great for learning to dribble with your head up. You must learn to dribble the basketball with your eyes up the more advanced a player you become. This will allow you to see the floor, read the defense, and ultimately help make the correct play.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Tennis Ball Toss In and Out Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball, 1 tennis ball, and a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Tennis Ball Weak Hand Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Strong Hand Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball control, hand strength, and hand-eye coordination.
- Push yourself and try to get as many in and out moves as you can.
- Make sure you don’t carry the ball.
- The harder you toss the tennis ball at the wall, the more difficult this basketball dribbling drill will be.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Face a wall and stand about 5 feet back. Start dribbling the basketball in an in and out continuous dribble move.
- While you are doing that, you will toss the tennis ball underhand at the wall and then catch it overhand, with the same hand.
- Continue this motion for 20-30 seconds and then switch which hand has the basketball/tennis ball and repeat.