If you are looking for a great way to improve your handles and work on your hand-eye coordination, this is a great basketball drill to use. When you toss the tennis ball against the wall, you are forcing yourself to be able to do two things at the same time. This will really challenge your coordination and make you much more comfortable dribbling the basketball and looking up while you do.
The idea is that if you can dribble the basketball while tossing and catching a tennis ball, then you will be able to handle the basketball with ease in a game. That means that you will be able to focus on other things like cutters, reading the defense, etc.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Tennis Ball Toss Windshield Wiper Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: A Wall, 1 Basketball, and 1 Tennis Ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your handles and work on your hand-eye coordination.
- Stay low in a dribbling stance the whole time.
- Push yourself to go as fast as you can with the windshield wiper motion, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
- For this basketball dribbling drill, the harder you toss the tennis ball against the wall, the harder the drill will be.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Face a wall with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other about 4-5 feet away.
- Begin dribbling the basketball in your right hand with a windshield wiper motion back and forth.
- Now toss the tennis ball underhanded against the wall and then catch it with the same hand overhanded.
- Continue tossing and catching the tennis ball for 20-30 seconds, and then switch hands and repeat.