This wall basketball dribbling drill will work to develop hand strength, good touch, and ball control. It is also a great basketball drill because you can work on both hands at the same time. This helps to eliminate the idea of a weak hand and makes your mind focus on dribbling 2 basketballs at the same time. Hopefully, this will translate into the player being able to dribble one basketball more easily in a game.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wall Two Ball Sweeps Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 Basketballs
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Wall Two Ball Triangle Dribbling Drill
- Wall Sweeps Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your ball-handling and hand strength.
- Try to get your sweeps wide and dribble the basketballs as hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Face the ball about one foot away with a ball in each hand.
- Dribble both basketballs at eye level 6-8 inches off the wall in a sweeping back and forth motion, simulating a windshield wiper.
- Continue sweeping the basketballs back and forth as fast as possible for the desired amount of time, usually 20-30 seconds.
- Then switch to a broken windshield wiper motion where the basketballs move in opposite directions.