This one ball stationary basketball dribbling drill will help you focus on your weak hand and make you really push yourself and develop that hand. For this basketball drill, the idea is that you overemphasize your weak hand and really push yourself. That way, when you use that hand in a game, you will feel more comfortable dribbling the basketball. In a 30-second time span, you can really work on your handles and help yourself become a better ball handler. The better the competition you play against, the more important it will be that you can dribble with both hands equally well.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Weak Hand Kill the Grass Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 3 Minute 90 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- Steve Nash 3 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- Steve Nash Mid Range Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on dribbling with your weak hand.
- Be creative with your moves and dribble the basketball as hard as you can.
- As you go through this basketball dribbling drill, really push yourself, and don’t be afraid to mess up and lose the basketball.
- The idea is to put yourself out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Take a basketball in your weak hand and begin to dribble it as hard as you can.
- Do as many different moves as you can as quickly as possible for 20-30 seconds, and then rest.