This is a great two ball basketball dribbling drill for developing good hands and working on ball control. Although you will never use this move in a game, it is a great basketball drill to improve your hands and really work on guiding the basketball where you want it to go. To be a great point guard in basketball, it is key that you have good ball control.
These types of basketball dribbling drills are also great for non-ball handlers to do as well because they are good for developing soft hands. A post player needs to be spending time developing their hands to catch the ball, finish around the basket, etc. This is a great drill to use for that.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windmill Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windmill Crossover Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Windmill Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Dribbling 1 Ball/Windmill 2 Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve timing, work on ball handling, and learn the reverse between the legs dribble.
- Work on the timing of the basketballs being dribbled through the legs.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with a basketball in each hand.
- They will take one stationary dribble with each hand and then wrap both basketballs around and put them reverse between your legs.
- Each ball is going to return to the same hand that dribbled it reverse between the legs.
- Take a stationary dribble in between each windmill move.
- Continue this pattern for 30-60 seconds.