Dribbling a basketball well requires quick hands, but it also requires great ball control. You need to dribble the ball from hand to hand at different speeds, angles, etc. The windshield wiper behind the back dribbling drill is going to really work on developing that ball control. It also allows you to add some difficulty to a traditional one ball dribbling drill.
As a ball-handler, you want to always be challenging yourself with the basketball drills that you do. This stationary basketball dribbling drill will allow you to do that. It will allow you to keep challenging yourself even after having mastered some of the easier one ball drills.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windshield Wiper Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windshield Wiper Cross Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wipers Reverse Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wipers Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your handles and work on ball control.
- Don’t raise up out of your athletic stance when you do this basketball dribbling drill.
- Keep your eyes up and scan the floor.
- Don’t worry about messing up or losing the ball.
- You should be going as hard and as fast as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The drill will start with the player down in an athletic stance and a basketball in either hand.
- The player will do four windshield wiper dribbles (back and forth sweeping dribbles) as quickly as possible and then do a behind the back dribble move.
- As soon as the ball is in their other hand, they are going to repeat the same motion.
- Continue this back and forth motion for 30 seconds.