Great ball handlers in basketball have quick hands and can quickly transfer the ball from hand to hand with ease. They are also able to control the basketball at a high level. The windshield wiper between the legs dribbling drill will work on both of these skills and will really help the ball handler improve their overall dribbling skills.
You may have done the basic windshield wiper drill before and are somewhat familiar with this stationary one ball basketball dribbling drill, but this is an advanced version of the drill that is really going to challenge the player. It is also a ball-handling basketball drill that can be done pretty much anywhere you have a flat hard surface. So it eliminates the excuse of not having a gym to go to.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windshield Wiper Between The Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windshield Wipers Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Reverse Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on developing quick hands and ball control.
- Don’t raise up out of your athletic stance during the basketball drill.
- Keep your eyes up and practice scanning the floor.
- Challenge yourself to go as quickly as you can, and get out of your comfort zone.
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or losing control of the ball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with a basketball in their right hand.
- They will do 4 windshield wiper dribbles with their right hand (the first windshield wiper needs to be towards the middle) and then dribble the ball between their legs to the left hand.
- As soon as the ball reaches the left hand, immediately begin repeating the move with your left hand.
- Continue this back and forth pattern for the desired amount of time.