The windshield wiper tennis ball toss drill is a great basketball drill that incorporates a tennis ball and basketball. Using a tennis ball to work on basketball dribbling drills makes you focus on the tennis ball rather than the basketball. Hopefully, this will help make dribbling a basketball second nature to you and allow you to keep your eyes up while dribbling the ball. Once you can handle the basketball with your eyes up, you will be able to read the defense and make the correct play. If you are looking for a great way to improve your handles, try tennis ball basketball dribbling drills.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windshield Wiper Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: basketball and tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windshield Wiper Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Broken Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling.
- Keep your head up, toss the tennis ball straight up in the air, pound the basketball, stay low during the drill.
- Make sure that you are practicing a good tennis ball toss each time.
- You will need to be able to execute a good toss as you progress to more difficult drills.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand in an athletic position with a tennis ball in one hand and a basketball in the other hand.
- Sweep dribble the basketball back and forth in front of you (in a V motion).
- While doing this, toss and catch the tennis ball with the other hand.
- Repeat the action for 30 seconds to a minute, and then switch hands.