You will never use a windshield wiper move in a basketball game, but this basketball dribbling drill is great for building ball control and improving ball handling. The faster and harder you push yourself, the more you will get out of the drill.
This is a great drill to use for younger players or players looking to warm up before playing. Basketball drills like this are also great for camp settings when you have a lot of players.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windshield Wipers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Side Windshield Wipers Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball control
- Sweep the ball wide and push yourself to go as fast as you can.
- Do your best not to look down during the drill, even if it means losing control of the ball.
- Stay low and in an athletic stance during the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start in an athletic position and begin dribbling the basketball in a sweeping motion in front of your body, keeping your hand on the side of the ball.
- You want to sweep the ball as wide as you can and as fast as you can.
- After 30 seconds, switch hands and repeat the same motion.