The windshield wipers two ball basketball dribbling drill is a great ball handling drill for improving your ball control and touch. Some basketball dribbling drills are meant to work on a specific move, but this basketball drill is all about developing your hands and working on ball control.
It is a great dribbling drill to use for less experienced dribblers or to get warmed up if you are a more experienced ball handler. One of the great things about this stationary two ball basketball dribbling drill is that it can be done pretty much anywhere you have a flat hard surface. This means that you can work on your game at home, the park, or wherever you can find some space. You don’t have to have a court develop as a player.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Broken Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Broken Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Side Windshield Wipers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball control and soft hands.
- Sweep the basketballs as wide as you can each time.
- Do your best not to look down, even if it means losing the basketball.
- Stay low in an athletic stance during the drill and really look to get out of your comfort zone.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin dribbling both basketballs in front of you in a sweeping back and forth motion (similar to a car’s windshield wiper motion).
- Continue this back and forth pattern for 30-45 seconds and then stop.