A wrap-around bounce pass is great for feeding the post or if a defender’s hand is in the passing lane. When feeding the post with this kind of pass, you will most likely need to make a pass fake first. This will help to move the defender’s hands and help to prevent them from getting a deflection.
You need to be able to make this pass with either hand as well. There is no reason why you should have to reach across your body to pass to a teammate. This basketball training video will show you how to do the wrap-around bounce pass and show you a great basketball passing drill instructed by an expert basketball coach and demonstrated by a high-level basketball player.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Wrap Around Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and a partner, or a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve passing accuracy and technique.
- Keep your eyes up.
- Snap your passes.
- Focus on your accuracy.
- If you don’t have a partner, you can use a wall.
- Also, mix up how you step to make the pass, sometimes step out, and sometimes step across.
- This will allow you to be able to work on both types.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand facing your partner about 6-8 feet away.
- Imagine there is a defender in front of you, and the only way to get the pass by them is to step to the side and past the defender to make the pass.
- You will step with your right leg and make a wrap-around bounce pass with your right hand.
- The partner is going to catch the ball and then execute a wraparound bounce pass back.
- After the desired amount of repetitions, switch passing hands, and repeat.